Still struggling with how to develop a larger fan base and bigger presence in your Social Media?
In my efforts to help those of you who have not yet to made your list of resolutions for 2012, I am humbly (ahem!) providing some resolutions to increase your fan base to raise your Social Media insights and Klout!
Now raise your right hand and say:
“As a Small Business or Non-Profit Organization Social Media participant on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Four Square, Quora, Focus, etc…
“I resolve that on Facebook, I will:
- Create a company page and customize the username.
- Read followers posts on the News Feed and actually comment on some of their discussion threads at least once a day.
- Learn about the changes on Facebook by visiting their FAQ page and following their page https://www.facebook.com/facebook.
- Become a fan (Like) the pages of those who have liked my page (be a little discriminating as “one is who one associates with” as grandma used to say)
- Track my insights weekly.
“I resolve that on LinkedIn, I will:
- Learn how to utilize LinkedIn, complete my profile and create a customized link. http://learn.linkedin.com/
- Create a company page and follow other company pages to see what my competition is doing.
- Join at least 5 groups in my industry and pick at least one to participate in regularly.
- Make at least one new connection a week and comment on updates.
- Write 1 sincere recommendation a month for a colleague or friend based on my experiences with him/her – and ask to be recommended to help complete your profile.
“I resolve that on YouTube, I will:
- Create a YouTube account and subscribe to like industry accounts to learn what my competition is doing.
- Get a video capable phone or small video camera that you keep with you to spontaneously capture sharable incidents or impromptu customer testimonials.
- Learn how to upload and edit the videos http://www.youtube.com/editor
- Practice making videos.
- Have some fun with your product or service to attract views.
Quick, Get that dog some Alpo!
“I resolve that on Twitter, I will:
- Edit my bio to reflect why I’m on Twitter and why you should follow me.
- Not use an auto-reply to thank someone for following me.
- Use the 80/20 rule. 80% engagement, 20% promotional.
- Describe the links I share so that I won’t waste my followers’ time.
- Sign up with Klout.com to help gauge how effective I am with my social media efforts.
“I resolve that to get better on ALL my Social Media accounts, I will:
- Buy a GOOD book on Social Media Marketing! Read and reread those books on your phone or device as much as possible – like while you are waiting in line at the bank. Suggested: Anything by Chris Brogan or Dave Kerpen, YouTube for Dummies by Doug Sahlin, Enchantment by Guy Kawasaki and many more…
- Browse my customers/members social media accounts to learn their interests and post in-kind to show my interest in their activity as well.
- Stop being a narcissist on my Social Media.
- Ask for feedback from my customers on what they want to see from my business or organization on Social Media.
- Learn how to use a Free management tool: HootSuite, TweetDeck, PingFM and sign up with Klout.com to help gauge how effective I am with my social media efforts.”
Happy Posting and wishes for a wonderful and prosperous 2012!