You might be a small business owner if*:
- you’re on a first name basis with the drive-thru coffee shop baristas.
- your inbox has 100+ unopened emails, and over 10,000 undeleted.
- out-of-town vacations include a trade show
- stay-at home vacations involve organizing files, deleting emails, re-habbing your website and re-merchandising your store.
- if you’re on ET, you get irked mornings when you want to call a west coast vendor and you get irked evenings when a west coast vendor calls you (just swap irks if you are on PT).
- Super Bowl Sunday is your annual visit with friends and family and you watched the World Cup from your office (only because the U.S. might win).
- you’ve never met the businesses more than 1 storefront away from your location.
- you don’t want anything to do with social media.
- your home office extends into the living and/or dining room.
- family visits occur at your place of business.
- your friends and relatives don’t want any more of your product for birthday and Christmas presents.
- bartering is your first choice of payment.
- you are never without a SmartPhone or tablet, and…
- dressing up means a freshly cleaned and ironed, branded polo (your brand).
*Credit and thanks to Jeff Foxworthy – “You Might Be a Redneck If”
“Miss ya, Jeff – take off that camouflage so we can see ya ;)” – Hania